Dressmaking & Alterations
Jobs can be as simple as sewing on shirt buttons or as complex as altering or making a wedding dress. Having worked in the trade for over 25 years, there is little I have not experienced. If you would like to seek a reference then ask those that know me on Facebook.
I quote on each task before agreeing to undertake a job, using an average £25 / hour estimate, for example:
- shortening a pair of jeans from £7.
- shortening a pair of tailored trousers with a hand finished blind hem from £14.
- replacing a zip in a skirt from £15.
- darning holes in jumpers from £3.
- sewing on a button from £2.
- replacing an open ended zip in a sports jacket from £25.